Are you outgoing, personable, and hospitality driven? If these qualities fit your description, we’d love to have you join our team! The Lagoon is currently hiring seasonal associates for a range of positions. Please apply below.
We are seeking a creative graphic designer to join our team at Metro Lagoons. The graphic designer will be designing a wide variety of items across digital and print. To be successful in this position the designer needs to be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, show high-level attention to detail and can take direction and change directions when needed. Handling a fast-paced work environment and delivering creative quickly is vital in this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for both print and digital (email, social, branding, menus, etc.)
· Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message
· Incorporate changes recommended by marketing team into final designs
· Review designs for errors before printing or publishing
· Create guidelines for how logos and other branding materials should be displayed and used
We are searching for a talented and motivated Event Coordinator to organize outstanding and unforgettable events. You will be responsible for every part of event preparations, such as choosing venues, approving menus, developing seating plans, and evaluating success afterward.
As the event coordinator, you should be well-organized and possess a sound knowledge of vendor management. Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role, as our success depends on meeting our client’s tailored requirements.
- Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event.
- Liaise with vendors during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Maintain event budgets.
- Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client’s standards.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an event coordinator.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or public relations is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the lagoon’s amenities. This position is responsible for interacting positively with all staff and guests while monitoring the lagoon area cleanliness and safety at all times.
• Maintains the cleanliness and order of the lagoon to include sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming, taking out the trash, clean metal fixtures and fittings, empty and clean trash containers and laundry bins, clean toilets, mirrors, sinks.
• Ensures all areas are clean and replenishes supplies as needed.
• Ensures all amenities are re-stocked throughout the day.
• Becomes knowledgeable about the facility and its amenities in order to effectively communicate with guests.
• Greets each and every guest with a smile and direct eye contact.
• Informs facility management of any member, guest, or facility issues.
• Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be able to speak and understand the English language.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Basic cleaning knowledge.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds of force constantly to move light objects.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners, dusters, scrub brushes, cleaning supplies, detergents, disinfectants, towels, guest supplies such as soap, shampoo, and conditioner, and linen carts.
• The employee may be required to be exposed to noise, wet and humid conditions, fumes, odors, dust, chemical materials, mechanical equipment.
• Previous experience in maintaining the cleanliness of an upscale facility preferred.
Maintain appropriate and expected cleanliness level of lagoon environments in an organized and positive working environment.
- Daily clean all scum lines, beaches and swim zones
- Check and record ORP, NTU, chlorine and pH levels daily.
- Clean cartridge filters daily.
- Actively maintain interior and exterior of lagoon.
- Required preventative maintenance on cleaning cart and manual vacuums.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaners and maintenance equipment.
- Follow daily cleaning schedule provided.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Experience working in aquatic/pool industry preferred but will train accordingly.
- Maintain a professional work environment at all times.
- Must be able to swim.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to be organized and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Possesses verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess knowledge of cleaning chemicals and usage.
- Ability to work outdoors in the heat for prolonged periods of time.
- Attention to detail.
- Exposure to aquatic related chemicals
- Exposure to extreme conditions hot/cold
- Exposure to moving parts
- Exposure to excessive sunlight
- Medium work – exert up to 50lbs force occasionally & up to 30 lbs frequently.
- Stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Use of ladders/steps occasionally
- Proper balance
Works in Ticket Window, ensuring a great first and last impression to the lagoon for our guests. The primary duties of this position are selling entrance tickets and cabanas, providing maps and information, and ensuring an efficient and exceptionally friendly entry and exit from the lagoon. Also maintains accuracy of cash drawers, and proper presentation of surrounding area.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are adhered to by self and guests.
- Ensuring a safe working environment at all times for both internal and external guests.
- Use and maintain facilities and equipment properly and safely.
- Must show a sense of urgency while working.
- Liaison between upper management and guests.
- Maintain a clean work area, including assisting fellow MCs with theirs, and self, abiding by all wardrobe policies.
- Communicate any issues to management.
- Be aware of sales opportunities and promotions within the lagoon.
- Understand the lagoon’s objectives and your role in ensuring their success.
- Ensure proper handling of all cash, credit cards, gift cards, ensuring a balanced drawer.
- Report any theft or suspicious activity to management ASAP.
- Contribute to innovations that would enhance guest experience.
- Provide excellent guest service with safety in mind.
- Take pride in their wardrobe & appearance.
- Communicate with management regarding your personal development, as well as that of the team, department, and lagoon.
- Must have flexible availability, willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Work to achieve team, department, and company goals, as illustrated by department management.
- Provides exceptional service to guests, going above and beyond standard expectations, including being knowledgeable of the company and lagoon.
- Operate point of sale program efficiently to sell and return tickets and cabanas.
We are looking for enthusiastic bartenders to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate